Cutey's Domain

Just your avg chick living life in the ATL. Could love be around the corner?

Friday, December 19, 2008

Many Moons

so i'm on a certain message board and came across what a girl named tati wrote below.....

On my commute to work..I had a thought. I dont think men these days like women. I dont mean that are batting for the other team or something...I just dont think they care for women too much. Just this generation of men....

They would rather play video games..then go on a date. They don't really call like they should. They dont wanna spend no money..not because they are broke..just because they don't want to. LMAO! They think chivalry is ancient.....and they are all into self. Romance has long been dead....and they are just self-serving. self-righteous, bastards. They aren't worried about building with a woman. They don't care about love or companionship until they are old and gray and realized they wasted the vast majority of their 20's and 30's being "carefree" when that coulda been the time to cultivate a few good relationships. They are either so career driven they feel like women are a "distraction" or "not needed"...or they are so lazy they feel women are a "a way to come up". Sex is just an activity to fill a void.....making love isn't really there anymore. They are more picky about the kind of woman they want...and won't "settle". Not that settling is a good thing...but it's like they are trying to attain something totally impossible.....They would rather engage in self-destructive behaviour (cheating, one night stands, long standing affairs that dont materialize into commitment, just shaking up....)... rather than forging a healthy relationship. They say stupid sh*t like "Marriage aint for me" or "I cant be faithful to one chick". How do you know if you never really TRY and put forth any effort?

Finally someone put into words what i've been trying to express for a while now! i think thats probably why there is not one dude i'm remotely interested in. i would think i was a lesbian, except i'm not interested in women either. maybe i'm an asexual?

anyhoo, i think i graduated! yes, i said that right... THINK! lol. graduation was monday, but our teachers have until wednesday to post our grades. ga state univ will mail us our diplomas ..so here is hoping for a nicely wrapped diploma for christmas. :-)

so basically i'm chillin for the moment until i figure out whats next for me. i'm still thinking about joining the military. the fact that they'll pay off my student loan is a HUGE incentive for me. i took the asvab today and got a 90 out of a possible 99. i wondered why ol' dude looked at me funny when he gave me my test results in the envelope. i figured either i did really good or really bad. lol. tuesday i'm suppose to do my physical at meps and leave for bct in february tentatively. i'll keep yall posted.

lets see what else is up with me....oh yeah, i was going to go to the eric roberson concert tonight at sugar hill, but i gotta be at work at 9am tomorrow so i said "funk it". i finished all my christmas shopping this year and even bought me a few items. i can't believe i bought 2 pair of jeans, and 4 shirts for $85 at the mall. i guess thats the only good thing about the recession...you get clothes for the low low. i took the bus to the mall (my car is still sittin on bricks) and 2 black dudes walked up. one of them asked me "excuse me, whats your nationality"? i looked at him like he was crazy and he proceed to ask me if i was african- american. i said, "yeah, do i look puerto rican or something"? lol. apparently, he thought i was somalian. i guess the afro puff made me look very "ethnic"...thats kinda cool. :-)

thats my update for now. stay tuned for my "i hate MARTA chronicles: the evils of public transportation" coming to a blog near you.

be blessed! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home